We explore the link between AI generated fake porn videos and the future of news and facts. Plus Kaz Hirai steps down as CEO of Sony and CEO Susan Wojcicki explains what YouTube wants.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Nicole Lee.
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to Anthony Lemos of Ritual Misery for the expanded show notes!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (01:05) Google releases YouTube TV app for Apple TV and Roku | venture beat
- (01:15) Microsoft drops Surface Book 2 price to $1,199 with less storage | the verge
- (01:50) HQ Trivia is raising $15 million at a valuation of more than $100 million from Founders Fund | recode
- (02:20) Chrome OS 64 rolling out w/ new screenshot shortcut, Android app updates, security patches | 9to5 google
- More Top Stories
- (02:40) Apple announces Q1 2018 revenue of $88.3b: 77.3m iPhones, 13.2m iPads, 5.1m Macs | 9to5 mac
- China’s Xiaomi back to top five vendor as global smartphone market shrinks | reuters
- (08:05) YouTube’s CEO promises stronger enforcement in the wake of controversies | tech crunch
- (11:00) Sony CEO Hirai to step down, turnaround ally Yoshida to take helm | reuters
- (13:50) Intel Is Said to Plan Sale of Majority Stake in AR Glasses Unit | bloomberg
- Discussion Story: (16:40) AI-Generated Porn
- Fake porn is the new fake news, and the internet isn’t ready | engadget
- Researchers make a surprisingly smooth artificial video of Obama | engadget
- Lyrebird claims it can recreate any voice using just one minute of sample audio | the verge
- After 20 Minutes of Listening, New Adobe Tool Can Make You Say Anything | motherboard
- Smart 3D modeling lets you mess with faces in videos | engadget
- UAB research finds automated voice imitation can fool humans and machines | UAB
- AI-Assisted Fake Porn Is Here and We’re All F**ked | motherboard
- AI-powered face swapping has taken a dystopian turn | engadget
- Experts fear face swapping tech could start an international showdown | the outline
- Message of the Day
- (26:05) Brandon – Spotify testing Pandora
- Today’s Contributor
Get Len Peralta‘s “Daily Fake News Show” at his store or by supporting his Patreon