The US Copyright Office takes comments on a 2015 exemption that lets gamers legally bypass copy protection on games if it requires the Internet to work. Qualcomm shows off a reference VR headset based on the company’s new Snapdragon 845 chip. And Uber launches a cheaper ride-sharing service called Uber Pool.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Scott Johnson
Using a Screen Reader? Click here
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through iTunes here.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
If you are willing to support the show or give as little as 5 cents a day on Patreon. Thank you!
Big thanks to Dan Lueders for the headlines music and Martin Bell for the opening theme!
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to Anthony Lemos of Ritual Misery for the expanded show notes!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (01:05) Broadcom cuts Qualcomm offer to $117 billion after new NXP deal | reuters
- (01:40) Blade’s ambitious PC game streaming platform finally launches in the US today | the verge
- (02:20) AT&T will launch mobile 5G in Atlanta, Dallas and Waco | engadget
- (02:40) https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/21/17036708/twitter-automation-rule-changes-ban-bulk-tweeting-bot-crackdown-election | the verge
- More Top Stories
- (03:25) Apple in Talks to Buy Cobalt Directly From Miners | bloomberg
- (05:25) Uber Just Launched a New Option With Its Cheapest Fares Yet | fortune
- (07:55) Here are some of the ways experts think AI might screw with us in the next five years | the verge
- (10:45) Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 845 heralds powerful standalone VR/AR headsets with eye and body tracking | venturebeat
- (13:20) How a French 16-year-old is teaching the world to build VR headsets for $100 | thenextweb
- (17:35) Game industry pushes back against efforts to restore gameplay servers | ars technica
- Thing of the Day
- (23:50) Tech In Travel Minute
- Message of the Day
- (26:45) Stephen – UBlock Origin
- Today’s Contributors