The Brave web browser has started voluntary testing of its new ad opt-in program where uses can choose to see targeted ads based on their browsing history. Is this a new model of how smart browsers can juggle the demands of online advertising and improved user experience?
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Scott Johnson.
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (00:40) Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Are on the VRge of Growth, Says IDC | idc
- (01:00) Microsoft News launches on Android and iOS as rebranded MSN app | the verge
- (01:35) Disney ups its Fox bid to $71.3 billion in response to Comcast offer | the verge
- (02:10) Microsoft Employees Protest Work With ICE, as Tech Industry Mobilizes Over Immigration | the new york times
- More Top Stories
- (02:40) Amazon’s Try-Before-You-Buy Wardrobe Service Is Ready for Prime Time | fortune
- (04:45) Europe takes another step towards copyright pre-filters for user generated content | tech crunch
- (06:50) Instagram launches IGTV app for creators, 1-hour video uploads | tech crunch
- (09:40) MIT uses brain signals and hand gestures to control robots | engadget
- (11:45) AMC is launching a MoviePass-like subscription service | the verge
- Discussion Story (15:40)
- Thing of the Day
- Messages of the Day
- (24:25) John – 911 dispatchers
- Today’s Contributor