Intel has announced 5G connected PCs next year promising an always connected machine. But is this necessarily a good thing? Plus the FCC has published its new rules on Net Neutrality and Airbnb Plus has launched offering plusher accommodations to better compete with hotels.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Justin Robert Young.
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through iTunes here.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (00:45) Amazon plans to open as many as six more cashierless Amazon Go stores this year | recode
- (01:25) Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones | bloomberg
- (02:00) Lighthouse is taking on Amazon and Nest with its new AI-powered security camera | the verge
- More Top Stories
- (02:30) The FCC’s order gutting net neutrality is now official — but the fight is just getting started | tech crunch
- (04:30) Disney loses in Redbox copyright row | bbc
- (07:00) Airbnb reveals new hotel-like service called Airbnb Plus | the verge
- (09:55) Snap stock plummets after Kylie Jenner declares Snapchat dead | the verge
- (12:10) Streetlights could be replaced by glow-in-the-dark trees after scientists create plants that shine like fireflies | dailymail
- Discussion (15:30)
- Message of the Day
- (23:45) Dylan – Ethicists
- (25:00) Mike – Uber/Via
- Today’s Contributors