Cryptocurrencies nose dive to just 50% of their 2017 value as governments crackdown. Google’s Project Fi caps data bills at $60/month. Amazon shortlists the 20 cities its considering for its 2nd North American HQ.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Justin Robert Young and Roger Chang
<!–Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.–>
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (00:50) Softbank is now Uber’s biggest shareholder
- (01:20) Apple Confirms Fix is Coming Next Week for Malicious Link That Freezes Messages App | macrumors
- (01:50) Intel admits Spectre patch problems also affect newer Core chips | engadget
- (02:20) Microsoft puts Minecraft boss in charge of Xbox games | the verge
- More Top Stories
- (02:45) Nintendo Announces Nintendo Labo, A Wild New Experiment For Switch | kotaku
- (10:05) This week’s Bitcoin crash was all about fraud and regulation | the verge
- (14:35) Spotify Has New Plan to Take on Radio and Reinvent Podcasts | bloomberg
- (18:50) Tide Pod challenge: YouTube blocks videos after poisoning fears | bbc
- (21:35) Google’s Project Fi now caps data bills at $60 | tech crunch
- (24:15) Amazon reveals top 20 city candidates for its second HQ | the verge
- Message of the Day
- (27:10) Andy – Daily Tech Headlines on a Google Home
- Today’s Contributors
- Friend of the show Wil Harris is fundraising for Campaign Against Living Miserably, a charity that encourages men to get help with their mental health.