In light of Apple’s decision to pull the Telegram app we talk with Brett Rounsaville about his experience developing for the App Store. Plus we examine all the Home Pod reviews and a French court has ruled that drivers are not allowed to touch their smartphones unless parked in designated spot with the engine off.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Brett Rounsaville.
<!–Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.–>
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (01:35) Apple’s Shazam takeover triggers competition review in Europe | tech crunch
- (01:45) Kalanick agrees: Google was and is “in the lead” in autonomous vehicles | ars technica
- (02:35) ISPs must follow net neutrality in New Jersey, governor declares | ars technica
- (03:00) Viacom Acquiring VidCon | variety
- More Top Stories
- (03:55) Apple HomePod Review: Locked In | the verge
- (06:45) Apple sees ‘strong demand’ for replacement iPhone batteries: letter | reuters
- (09:45) Google video app brings AR stickers to the Android masses | cnet
- (11:35) Amazon is removing lock screen ads from its discounted Prime Exclusive smartphones | the verge
- (13:50) France bans smartphone use in cars even when you pull over | engadget
- Discussion Story: (16:45)
- Thing of the Day
- (25:55) Amateur Traveler
- Message of the Day
- (28:10) Adam – Dell scammer
- Today’s Contributor