Some companies build their business model on leveraging the APIs of another company’s connected platform allowing both business to benefit. But what happens when a connected platform changes its rules on how others can leverage its platform? Plus the FTC says void warranty stickers might be illegal and Zuckerberg faces another day of Senate hearings.
Starring Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang and Scott Johnson.
Multiple versions (ogg, video etc.) from Archive.org.
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe through Apple Podcasts.
Follow us on Soundcloud.
A special thanks to all our supporters–without you, none of this would be possible.
Big thanks to Mustafa A. from thepolarcat.com for the logo!
Thanks to our mods, Kylde, Jack_Shid, KAPT_Kipper, and scottierowland on the subreddit
To read the show notes in a separate page click here!
- Quick Hits
- (01:00) Spotify Is Planning a New Version of Its Free Music Service | bloomberg
- (01:25) FDA approves AI-powered software to detect diabetic retinopathy | engadget
- (01:45)Apple Must Pay $502.6 Million to VirnetX, Federal Jury Rules | bloomberg
- (02:20) Google to launch new Gmail design in the coming weeks | the verge
- More Top Stories
- (02:45) Ransomware Asks You to Play PUBG | pc world
- (05:00) Uber gets into car rentals and public transit | tech crunch
- (07:45) FTC Staff Warns Companies that It Is Illegal to Condition Warranty Coverage on the Use of Specified Parts or Services | ftc
- (11:55) Facebook: Cambridge Analytica data had private messages | bbc
- (14:35) The 5 biggest takeaways from Mark Zuckerberg’s appearance before the Senate | the verge
- Discussion Story (16:40)
- Thing of the Day
- Messages of the Day
- (24:00) Yaniv – YouTube Transcription Service
- (24:45) Drew – Cashless Troubles
- Today’s Contributor